Contractor Requirements

Any current state licensed contractor may obtain a building permit in Haines City. Certified contractors must be licensed by the State of Florida and registered contractors must be licensed by the Municipal Board of Examiners of Polk County. Contractors must register with the Haines City Building Division before being issued a building permit. Required registration documents include a copy of state or local license, proof of worker’s compensation or worker’s compensation exemption, and liability insurance. There is no fee for registration.

To check the status of a submitted permit or to find inspection results of a permit, please contact the Permitting Department. Inspections may also be requested through Permitting. To schedule an inspection the Contractor Web Code number will be required.

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No